Tuesday 7th December 2021 | 10:00 - 11.30
In 2011, the ASA's remit was extended to cover marketing claims on company websites and in other third party space under their control, such as social media. In 2017, internet ads overtook TV ads as the most complained about medium for the first time.
With digital ads being an integral part of marketing campaigns these days, it’s important to know the Ad Rules and how these apply to online, be that advertisements on paid-for (sponsored) searches, social media, marketing emails, companies’ own websites and in other non-paid for space that they control. Our experts will talk you through the relevant rules of the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Direct & Promotional Marketing (CAP Code) and answer your questions about how to be compliant.
This training will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this virtual training session you will:
- Receive an overview of the ASA and CAP system
- Gain an understanding of the ASA's online remit and what does and does not fall under our rules
- Learn when user-generated content and customer relation management can become an ad and steps to take to ensure this is complaint
- Find out more about the key Advertising Rules and common pitfalls for digital ads when is comes to misleading advertising, harm, offence and social responsibility
- Hear about sector specific rules and how to use placement and targeting correctly across different digital spaces
- Benefit from hearing about previous ASA rulings, and the reasonining behind numerous case studies
- Participate in a Q&A session with ASA and CAP experts
"Really useful webinar that put the code in to context, showing real life case studies and where they have gone wrong, or perhaps how they have got it right. This has helped me to understand how to apply these codes to my company's digital advertising."
"Overall very impressed as this was my first time attending, will do more in the future. Extremely helpful and can draw on these for my area of work."
When paying online, cost per delegate is £180 (£150.00 +VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, cost per delegate is £210 (£175.00 +VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the training includes access to our eLearning module, An Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this around a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates; enter the code: "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.