25 February 2020 | 09.30 - 11.30
In 2011, the ASA's remit was extended to cover marketing claims on company websites and in other third party space under their control, such as social media. In 2017, internet ads overtook TV ads as the most complained about medium for the first time.
With digital ads being an integral part of marketing campaigns these days, it’s important to know the Ad Rules and how these apply to online, be that advertisements on paid-for (sponsored) searches, social media, marketing emails, companies’ own websites and in other non-paid for space that they control. Our experts will talk you through the relevant rules of the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Direct & Promotional Marketing (CAP Code) and answer your questions about how to be compliant.
This seminar will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this seminar you will:
- Receive an overview of the ASA and CAP system
- Gain an understanding of the ASA's online remit and what does and does not fall under our rules
- Learn when user-generated content and customer relation management can become an ad and steps to take to ensure this is complaint
- Find out more about the key Advertising Rules and common pitfalls for digital ads when is comes to misleading advertising, harm, offence and social responsibility
- Hear about sector specific rules and how to use placement and targeting correctly across different digital spaces
- Benefit from hearing about previous ASA rulings, and the reasonining behind numerous case studies
- Participate in a Q&A session with ASA and CAP experts
This seminar will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing digital marketing.
"Very knowledgeable presenters, giving very clear advice on very interesting topics."
Head of Legal and Compliance, Rakuten Europe Sarl
"Insightful and valuable session. Great introduction to online advertising practices, looking forward to attending more sessions and covering more modules."
Assistant Loyalty Manager, Odeon Cinema Group
When paying online, cost per delegate is £225 (£187.50 +VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, cost per delegate is £255 (£212.50 +VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the seminar includes access to our eLearning module, An Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this around a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates; enter the code: "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.