Tuesday 26 March 2024, 10-11:30am
As organisations increasingly recognise the importance of sustainable practices, this training will give you a deeper understanding of our work on regulating environmental claims in ads and explore how businesses can make green claims with confidence. Our experts will guide you through the key principles to consider when making green claims using real life case studies. We will also discuss some of the results of our research on the public’s understanding of recyclable, biodegradable, compostable and related claims, as well as our research on food and electric/hybrid vehicle claims.
The aim of this course is to share the fundamental principles that advertisers need to be aware of when making environmental claims, or when their ads include depictions of their environmental impact.
During this session, you will:
- Understand the key principles of misleading advertising.
- Learn how to make environmental claims clear.
- Explore the difference between absolute and comparative environmental claims, and the differing requirements that apply when you use them in your ads.
- Recognise’ what's meant by the ‘full lifecycle' of a product or service, and when you need to hold evidence about this.
- Understand how the rules on social responsibility apply to environmental advertising.
- Hear about the results of our research on green disposal claims and food waste.
The training will be of benefit if you:
- Work for an agency who develop marketing campaigns.
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring advertising compliance.
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising, product management, account management or sales.
Essentially this online session will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing marketing communications.
When paying online, the cost per delegate is £180.00 (£150.00+VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, the cost per delegate is £210.00 (£175.00+VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks. If you're based outside of the UK please pay via invoice.
We offer discounts for group bookings of four or more delegates. Enter the relevant code during the booking process to receive the discount.
4-24 delegates – 25% off – use code “group25”.
25+ delegates – 50% off – use code “group50”.
These discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional codes.