Wednesday 31st May, 10:00-11:30 (BST)
The number of gambling ads has been rising year on year since 2007 when the sector was de-regulated as part of the Gambling Act. This has led to increased scrutiny on ads in the sector, making it more important than ever to ensure your ads are legal, decent, honest, and truthful
During this course our experts will guide you through the relevant parts of the Advertising Codes, equipping you with the tools needed to create compliant campaigns. We will also explain the implications of the new 'strong' appeal rule that came into place in October 2022.
This training will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this virtual training session you will:
- Receive an overview of the ASA and CAP system
- Gain an understanding of the key principles of the gambling rules, and feel confident applying them
- Learn about the types of behaviour imagery that are acceptable to use in gambling ads
- Understand which rules aim to protect children and young people from any potential harms
- Recognise prohibited claims around financial problems
- Identify the restrictions on scheduling and targeting of gambling ads
- Learn about the implications of the new 'strong' appeal rule that is coming into place later this year
- Benefit from hearing real-life case studies and examples of ASA rulings
- Participate in an interactive Q&A session with the ASA and CAP experts
When paying online, the cost per delegate is £180 (£150.00 +VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, the cost per delegate is £210 (£175.00 +VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the training includes access to our eLearning module, An Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this around a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% discount for group bookings of four or more delegates. Enter the code "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.