Thursday 10th February 2022 | 10:00 - 11:30
Did you know that around 70% of cases considered by the ASA each year are related to potentially misleading advertisements? Ads can mislead by exaggeration and omission, as well as by presenting information in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous, or untimely manner. During this online course, our expert trainers will cover all of the essential rules and information required to create advertising campaigns that do not mislead consumers.
Ahead of the session, each attendee will be given access to our 'Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP' eLearning module. This will give you a foundation of knowledge on the regulation system, to enable you to get the most out of the course.
This course will take place virtually via Zoom, and will provide you with two CPD hours.
The aim of this course is to offer you a detailed insight into the essential rules and information required to create advertising campaigns that do not mislead consumers.
During this session, you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of what 'misleadingness' is in an advertising context and how the ASA assess whether an ad is misleading.
- Receive an overview of the characteristics of the 'average consumer' and how you can avoid misleading them through advertising.
- Learn when and why substantiation is required to back up marketing claims, as well as the types of substantiation that would be needed.
- Identify the key principles that need to be considered when quoting savings and price comparisons within advertising campaigns.
Our trainers will use real-life case studies and examples of ASA rulings to help illustrate the rules. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an in-depth Q&A session with the ASA and CAP experts.
The training session will be of benefit if you:
- Work for an agency who develop marketing campaigns
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring advertising compliance
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising, product management, account management or sales
Essentially this seminar will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing marketing communications.
Here's what others had to say about the course:
"The training was informative and the examples used were relevant. The speakers also answered the incoming questions in great detail and gave sufficient context."
"The training session was interesting and informative and delivered in bite-size chunks as it's easy to get lost and overwhelmed by the code. Examples helped enormously."
"A really broad and useful overview covering several topics in a good amount of detail, with lots of clear examples. Will be very useful for advising marketing teams of ads in the future."
"The training provided me with much more knowledge about advertising standards that I can now apply in my work. The presenters were extremely knowledgeable and I found the Q&A session especially useful. I'll be taking another CAP course again soon to support my professional development."
When paying online, the cost per delegate is £180 (£150.00 +VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, the cost per delegate is £210 (£175.00 +VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the training includes access to our eLearning module, An Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this around a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates. Enter the code "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.