Wednesday 13th April 2022, 10:00-11:30
Competitions and prize draws, discounts, and “free” items with a purchase can all count as Promotional Marketing. During this virtual, interactive course our expert trainers will illustrate where advertisers have fallen foul of the rules previously, guide you through the Advertising Codes and explain how the ASA applies the rules to promotional marketing.
Ahead of the session, each attendee will be given access to our 'Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP' eLearning module. This will give you a foundation of knowledge on the regulation system, to enable you to get the most out of the course.
This course will take place virtually via Zoom, and will provide you with two CPD hours.
The aim of this course is to equip you with greater knowledge and a wider understanding of the advertising rules on Promotional Marketing, so you can run effective and compliant campaigns.
During the session, you will:
- Receive an explanation of what is considered 'Promotional Marketing' and the types of promotions that are covered within the ASA and CAP's remit.
- Identify the key principles that need to be considered when preparing a promotion of any kind (e.g. Prize draws, competitions, instant wins, etc.)
- Learn how to conduct a promotion on social media.
- Get to grips with significant conditions- what are they and when/where should they be included?
- Learn how to avoid running irresponsible promotions.
Our trainers will use real-life case studies and examples of ASA rulings to help illustrate the rules. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an in-depth Q&A session with the ASA and CAP experts.
The webinar will be of benefit if you:
- Work for an agency who develop marketing campaigns
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring advertising compliance
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising, product management, account management or sales
Essentially this online session will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing marketing communications.
Here's what others had to say about the course:
"The ASA training sessions are very informative, pitched at a good level. The interactive nature of being able to ask questions is excellent. The examples really bring the issues to life. I recommend them."
"After the session today, I feel more confident about how to run promotional campaigns that comply with UK advertising rules. Very informative and useful session."
"Very informative and useful session with clear and relevant examples of how to avoid pitfalls when running marketing promotions."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the training, easy to follow, to listen to and questions were answered concisely."
When paying online, the cost per delegate is £180 (£150.00 +VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, the cost per delegate is £210 (£175.00 +VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the training includes access to our eLearning module, An Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this around a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates. Enter the code "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.