The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) is the independent regulator for the newspaper and magazine industry in the UK. They deal with complaints from members of the public and conducts its own investigations into the editorial content of newspapers and magazines, and the conduct of journalists.
Services offered and responsibilities of IPSO include:
- Investigating complaints regarding possible breaches of the Editors Code
- Monitoring general press standards
- Operating a round the clock anti-harassment advice line
- Providing advice for editors and journalists
- Working with charities and NGO’s to support and improve press standards