Transparency at the Advertising Standards Authority
The Advertising Standards Authority is not a designated “public authority” for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Nevertheless the ASA has made a commitment to being a transparent organisation and will voluntarily:
- Publish some of the information a public authority would be obliged to make public.
- Consider requests for the disclosure of unpublished information including under other applicable information rights legislation.
Guide to Information about the Advertising Standards Authority
We voluntarily publish a range of information on our website about who we are and our policies.
1. Who we are and what we do
2. What we spend and how we spend it
3. Our priorities and how we are performing
4. How we make decisions
5. Policies and procedures
6. Lists and registers
7. The services we offer
If you would like to submit a request for unpublished information, please email email@example.com, or send a letter to Transparency, Advertising Standards Authority, Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6QT. We provide most unpublished information free of charge, however where a request requires specialist skills to interrogate our databases, we charge according to length of time the work will take us.
Please ensure you include:
- your name
- the organisation you represent (if any)
- your email address or postal address
- your daytime telephone number (optional)
- and a description of the information you would like.
Enquiries made on behalf of an organisation should provide a named contact. Providing a phone number may help us answer your question more quickly, particularly if it is unclear to us. Replies will be sent by email or (if specified) by conventional post.