10 October 2019 | 09.30 - 11.30
Please note that the venue for this session has changed. Please find the correct address below:
In March 2011, the ASA’s remit was extended to cover marketing claims on company websites and in other third party space under their control, such as social media. In 2017, internet ads overtook TV ads as the most complained about medium for the first time.
With internet ads being an integral part of marketing campaigns these days, it’s important to know the Ad Rules and how these apply to online, be that advertisements on paid-for (sponsored) searches, social media, companies’ own websites and in other non-paid for space that they control. Our experts will talk you through the relevant rules of the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Direct & Promotional Marketing (CAP Code) and answer your questions about how to be compliant.
This seminar will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this seminar you will:
- Receive an overview of ad regulation and how the ASA and CAP work
- Gain a deep understanding of the Codes as they relate to misleading advertising, harm and offence, and social responsibility
- Learn about making ads recognisable, labelling content and when user-generated content is an ad
- Find out about the rules around promotional marketing and the inclusion of significant conditions
- Hear about the sector specific rules and how to use placement and targeting to stay compliant
- Benefit from hearing numerous case studies and study previous ASA adjudications
- Receive information on the resources available to help your campaigns comply with the rules
- Be able to participate in a Q&A session with ASA and CAP experts
The seminar will be beneficial if you:
- Work for an agency who develop online marketing campaigns
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring online advertising compliance
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising & product management
Essentially this seminar will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing marketing communications.
“Very helpful seminar. Well spent time and money.”
Legal Counsel, Travelodge Hotels
“Informative, useful and insightful. A must attend event for anyone operating in the marketing and advertising world/industry.”
Digital specialist, Southern Co-Op
“A highly informative training session giving the right level of guidance while using case studies to bring this to life”
Comms & PR Manager, Organix Brands Ltd
When paying online, cost per delegate is £225 (£187.50 + VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, cost per delegate is £255 (£212.50 + VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates; enter the code: "group25" during the booking process receive the discount.