Tuesday 11th November, 10:00am-11:30am
The ASA has a long track record in tackling problematic environmental claims, including issues like greenwashing and other forms of misleading and socially irresponsible green claims. As an organisation we recognise that as governments set new and ambitious targets and as the scale of the challenge to avoid catastrophic climate change becomes ever clearer, advertising and, by extension, ad regulation needs to play its part in working towards agreed climate goals.
We’re signaling that we intend to go further, to crack down on misleading and socially irresponsible environmental advertising, and to do so in the context framed by Government and key priorities identified by experts. But we’ll also play a supportive and consultative role with businesses and industry, including the Advertising Association and other civil society organisations, as they drive a greener agenda in advertising as a whole.
This is why on the 11th November, during COP26, we will be hosting an Advice:AM to explain our work in the area and the rules that apply to advertisers.
This training will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this training you will:
- Gain insight into the ASA and CAP’s Climate Change and the Environment project, including the wider policy context and our reasons for carrying out this work, as well as an outline of what we’ve done so far and what we plan to do in the project’s next phases
- Receive an introduction to the CAP Code rules on Misleadingness, and how these apply to environmental claims in advertising
- Learn about the existing requirements needed to avoid 'greenwashing' by clearly stating the meaning and basis of environmental claims
- Identify the types of evidence required to support environmental claims, and receive an explanation of the ‘Full Life Cycle’ concept and how the ASA applies it
- Gain an understanding of the distinction between ‘absolute’ and ‘comparative’ environmental claims, and the standards that apply to each
- Understand the Code rules on harm and social responsibility, and how the ASA may apply these standards to environmental issues
- Benefit from hearing real-life case studies and examples of ASA rulings
- Participate in an interactive Q&A session with the ASA and CAP experts
The seminar will be of benefit if you:
- Work for an agency who develop marketing campaigns
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring advertising compliance
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising, product management, account management or sales
Essentially this seminar will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing, or overseeing marketing communications/campaigns.
When paying online, the cost per delegate is £180 (£150 + VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, the cost per delegate is £210 (£175 + VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
We offer a 25% discount for group bookings of four or more delegates; enter the code: "group25" during the booking process to receive the discount.