Wednesday 10th March 2021 | 10:00 - 11.30
Around 70% of the cases considered by the ASA each year relate to potentially misleading advertising. Ads can mislead by exaggeration and omission, as well as by presenting information in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely manner. This interactive online seminar will cover all of the essential rules and information required to create advertising campaigns that do not mislead consumers.
Each attendee will be given access to our 'Insiders' Guide to the ASA and CAP' online training module. This will give you a base level of knowledge of the regulation system, to will enable you to get the most out of the seminar.
This webinar will provide you with two CPD hours.
By attending this virtual training seminar, delegates will:
- Receive an overview of the advertising self-regulatory system, including insight into how the ASA and CAP work
- Fully understand the rules covering misleading advertising
- Receive guidance on how to avoid misleading by act, omission and exaggeration
- Learn what evidence the ASA will accept to substantiate claims made in ads
- Hear a number of case studies and examples of ASA rulings to help illustrate the rules
- Benefit from resources available to marketers and agencies to ensure campaigns comply with the rules
- Participate in an in-depth Q&A session with ASA and CAP experts
The training session will be of benefit if you:
- Work for an agency who develop marketing campaigns
- Work in a legal or compliance function that is responsible for ensuring advertising compliance
- Work in marketing, communications, advertising, product management, account management or sales
Essentially this seminar will benefit anybody who is involved in commissioning, producing or overseeing marketing communications.
"The training provided me with much more knowledge about advertising standards that I can now apply in my work. The presenters were extremely knowledgeable and I found the Q&A session especially useful. I'll be taking another CAP course again soon to support my professional development." - Marketing Consultant, Be Social
"The session was great, provided me with a lot of information with relevant case studies, which will be really helpful in my work." - The Jewellery Channel
When paying online, cost per delegate is £60 (£50.00 + VAT); we accept all major credit and debit cards.
When paying by invoice, cost per delegate is £90 (£75.00 + VAT); the additional charge is to cover administrative tasks.
The price of the virtual training event includes access to our eLearning module, An Insider's Guide to the ASA and CAP. Delegates will be sent information on how to access this round a week prior to the seminar so that they can get an understanding of the ASA and CAP system before attending.
We offer a 25% off discount for group bookings of four or more delegates; enter the code: "group25" during the booking process receive the discount.