Clearcast operates the clearance system for television commercials. This involves checking and making sure ads follow the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising (the BCAP Code), before they are shown on television.
As well as pre-clearing tens of thousands of ads every year, Clearcast offer a variety of other services including:
- Supporting agencies with creative challenges in restrictive advertising categories
- Providing appropriate ad timing restriction instructions for broadcasters
- Working with advertisers to defend complaints made to the ASA on ads cleared
- Bespoke training and certificate courses on things like clearance processes abroad
- Reporting music used in ads to the PRS so that artists get paid