Clearcast operates the clearance system for television commercials. This involves checking and making sure ads follow the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising (the BCAP Code), before they are shown on television.
As well as pre-clearing tens of thousands of ads every year, Clearcast offer a variety of other services including:
- Supporting agencies with creative challenges in restrictive advertising categories
- Providing appropriate ad timing and scheduling restriction instructions for broadcasters
- Working with advertisers to defend complaints made to the ASA on ads cleared
- Certified training courses to help agencies, creatives, advertisers and broadcasters get to grips with ad rules and learn how to work within them
- A TV Admin Service which, among other things, can offer International (including UK) ad compliance management
- Reporting music used in ads to the PRS so that artists get paid