The Charity Commission registers and regulates charities in England and Wales. This way, the general public can support charities with confidence.
Services offered and responsibilities of the Charity Commission include:
- Registering organisations in England and Wales that are solely established for charitable purposes
- Providing guidance and advice to help charities run as effectively as possible
- Ensuring charities meet their legal requirements e.g. providing information each year on their activities
- Taking appropriate enforcement action when there is evidence of misconduct
- Making relevant information widely available for each registered charity