The 2015 Annual Report sets out the changing face of advertising self-regulation as the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) and Committees of Advertising Practice (CAP) approaches the mid-point of its five-year strategy, Having More Impact, Being More Proactive.
This more proactive and preventative approach, coupled with the resolution of over 29,500 consumer complaints, resulted in a record 4,584 ads being changed or withdrawn.
Download the report for information on:
- Our performance and progress against our strategy and objectives
- Key projects including our work on clearer pricing in broadband advertising and publishing guidance on labelling of advertising content in vlogs.
- Our proactive work with osteopaths, providing clear and detailed guidance on how to ensure their advertising sticks to the rules.
- Our decision to launch a public consultation on whether to introduce rules on the targeting of ads for food and soft drinks high in fat, salt or sugar (HFSS) at children in non-broadcast media.
- Data on trends in consumer complaints, broken down by case-type, media, sector and issue.