Consultations allow those affected by or concerned about a particular advertising issue that is subject to consultation to put forward their opinions and supporting evidence for CAP and BCAP to take into account when making decisions about proposed changes to the Advertising Codes.
We endeavour to make our consultations clear and open by:
- involving, as far as possible, everyone whose views should be considered, for example small and large advertisers, professional associations, marketers, consumer groups, media owners, public bodies and individuals
- clearly setting out our proposed Code changes and explaining the policy considerations underpinning these in a consultation document
- considering all consultation responses to understand the possible effects of our proposals and inform our decisions about changing the Codes
- when a consultation is closed, publishing the outcome and an explanation of how responses helped shape it.
- How CAP and BCAP assess evidence when considering regulatory change
- Appendix A CAP and BCAP's consultation addendum on the ScHARR review
- Appendix B CAP and BCAP's evaluation of the evidence on the impact of advertising on body image
- Guidance on substantiation for health, beauty and slimming claims